Thursday 31 August 2017

Back to the sun.

Thankfully, it was back to the sunshine today after the grey of yesterday. Mike had an orthodontist appointment at the ungodly hour of 8.30am...why we booked it for this time I'll never know and it was a bit of a shock when the alarm went off at 7am! We have had it too good!

Unbelievably he was fine which surprised Keith and I as he hasn't been wearing his retainer and on the way to the surgery he was drinking hot chocolate! We returned home to find that Sophie had written the shopping list, which was a huge help and meant we could go and get it over with sooner than we thought.

Mike was working this afternoon and Sophie was meeting friends for lunch in town so we had an afternoon of taxiing them about and sorting out Keith's car insurance which is due at the end of September.

We picked Sophie up from her friend's house in Moulton and the sky looked a bit ominous - a towering bank of cloud that wouldn't have been out of place in Florida. We hadn't been home long when Mike called to ask us to pick him up and he said it was raining!

Sue came around in the evening and bought wine and cheese with her, which was lovely. I restricted myself as Keith was cooking chicken pie for dinner, but I did sample some delicious soft cheese with salmon and enjoyed the Rioja! Unfortunately, while she was here she was stung by a wasp...we could hardly believe it had happened as I'm sure there wasn't one in the conservatory before she arrived and I had blitzed the room the day before. It's a mystery!

After Sue had gone we had dinner, but I have so say my appetite was somewhat diminished. Oh dear!

No comments: