Tuesday 19 September 2017

Called up!

This morning we took Sophie to work and Mike to college and then returned home to do some housework. While I was busy cleaning the bathroom, Keith handed me a letter - I had been called up for Jury Service!

It was a bit of a shock, to be honest! I suppose there's every chance that all adults over the age of 18 will be picked at random, but somehow I never thought it would happen to me! I have to attend court in November but there's no guarantee I will actually serve on the jury as they always call up more people than go on to be jurors.

We went to pick Sophie up at 2pm and she was more excited than me, I think! They dropped me off at work before going home so Sophie could get ready to meet some friends for coffee. I was at work past 6pm again because of a late parent (this is becoming a habit) and I'd heard reports of the M1 being closed because of a suspicious package under a bridge near Milton Keynes. Keith picked me up and I dropped him off at home so he could get his car and pick Mike up from Brixworth. I then had to collect Sophie from uni and there'd been an accident near Moulton so that held me up for a little while! What is going on with the roads at the moment?!

Keith went to see Sileby play in Cogenhoe in the evening and as soon as I arrived home with Sophie we got straight into making Jerk Chicken Pasta for dinner. Afterwards we sipped wine and watched Steel Magnolias...it was very sad!

No comments: