Sunday 14 August 2016

Summer eating

Today has been another extremely busy day as I had asked my parents around for dinner in the evening and although we were only doing cold meats, nibbles and salad, I wanted to make my own bread and a panna cotta for dessert.

We took Sophie to work and Keith went for a walk while I returned home and started on the cleaning of the downstairs of the house. It's been a grey, muggy day without a hint of real sunshine so not pleasant to work in!

I made a loaf of wholemeal bread and prepared the panna cotta and managed some relaxation time in the afternoon before assembling a salad and the prawn cocktails for starters. I could have chosen the easy route and bought a pre-prepared salad but it's been ages since I did one myself and it looked really pretty when I finished, topped off with boiled egg slices. Delicious!

It was bliss to get into the shower after all my hard work and drench myself in lovely warm water! Keith and I went to get Sophie and when we got back I finished preparations and made sure the house looked pretty. My parents arrived and we had a lovely meal but hardly any of it was eaten! I think we all filled up too much on the prawn cocktail and bread which, I have to say, was very good.

Mum brought me cards around for our anniversary tomorrow - 24 years! I can hardly believe it!

No comments: