Tuesday 9 August 2016

Return of the robin!

Keith called me into the living room yesterday as he'd seen a robin across the road in a neighbour's garden! I had high hopes we would see one in our garden and today it appeared! I don't know whether it's the same one as it's very flighty but it was great to see the lovely little bird flitting about again. I even think (I'm not sure though) that we have a juvenile robin as well as I can just see a tiny glimpse of red feathers beginning to come through.

I took Sophie to work this morning as Keith had gone off on a long walk. On the way home I called into the post office again as I had another parcel to send. I'm enjoying this Ebay lark but I'll never make a living from it! It's enjoyable though and I'm certainly clearing the house of unwanted clutter!

I called into home as Keith hadn't taken any keys with him and he arrived home all sweaty and hot! I'd promised Mum I would go and giver her a hand with her weeding so suggesting to Keith he stay at home and shower, I went off with my new gloves and weeding implement.

The front of Mum's house is a real sun-trap and I arrived to find her already started. I strimmed the bit of lawn and tidied the edges and we almost filled her wheelie bin with weeds that had really infiltrated the border. Bloomin' things! Half-way through our way along the border she made me a cup of coffee and we sat in the lovely cool back garden and had a chat which was very pleasant!

I worked with Mum until lunchtime and then went home to try and finish my latest assignment. I've typed it up but will leave it a day and then go back, revise it and send it off. I'm just glad I managed to get down to it this afternoon!

No comments: