Thursday 18 August 2016

Hard slog!

Keith was awake early this morning worrying about the oven and what was wrong with it. After we dropped Sophie at work we went to see Ian who had all the bits and bobs that Keith needed. Within minutes of getting home Keith had fixed it, thank goodness! We can cook tonight!

We spent the rest of the morning making out the shopping list and planning the meals for next week. For some reason this morning it was hard work! Keith went off to do the shopping while I got ready for my gardening stint with Sue. Although it was quite cloudy it was very warm and I hoped that the sun wouldn't be out in full force when we were working!

Sue picked me up at noon and this time I was a bit more prepared! I took along my new weeding gadget as well as my new gloves, some shears and Keith's Bubba Gump hat. I also made a flask of tea and packed some biscuits and bottles of water. I was glad I did because although there were men working on the floors in the house, we didn't have access to any drinks at all.

It was hot hard work and I was very glad when the four hours were up! We did lots more weeding and carted about five wheelbarrows of compost up the hill to spread on the parched, hard soil.

A small section of the huge garden


We cleared dead leaves and innumerable weeds!
The dogs were let out for a little while and were very affectionate today and I made a new friend who was just gorgeous...


He/she was also very affectionate and we had a lovely cuddle. The owners of the house are away at the moment but are using a house sitter as the animals need looking after and the chickens have to be fed!

It was absolute bliss to get home, throw all my dirty clothes into the washing machine and jump into the shower. I was really hot, sweaty and dirty and it felt wonderful to stand under the gushing water and get all clean again!

Keith and I went off to collect Sophie in the evening and then it was home for an easy tea and an evening spent watching anything but sport!

No comments: