Saturday 20 August 2016

Mooching about...

This morning we had a lazy start to the day but I did manage to prepare Coq au Vin for dinner, one of my favourite meals. It smelt lovely steeped in an Australian wine we'd bought!

In the afternoon Keith decided to go and watch Sileby play in Wellingborough so Sophie and I dropped him off (parking was non-existent) and went off to Dunelm where I was hoping to buy some things for the en-suite. The area around the shops was very busy indeed - is anywhere quiet these days?

I had a good look in the store and bought some new large pillowcases for our Superking pillows. I was pleased to see they sold a wide range of pillows as it's sometimes very difficult to find cases to fit the ones we have and I'm fed up of having to get them washed, dried and ironed before I can put on new bedding! I now have a spare set!

There was nothing I liked in the bathroom section so Sophie and I drove back to Northampton and went to Riverside. My daughter treated me to a decaffeinated Flat White in Costa Coffee and then we walked over to Next where she tried on some jeans. As they made her look like a band member of Dexy's Midnight Runners, I advised against her buying them! Before we left to go and get Keith I bought my friend Lynda a card and a candle for her birthday which was yesterday.

It's been a day of sunshine and showers and when we went to collect Keith it was raining again. The gardens do need it, especially as next week is forecast to be dry, warm and sunny again.

We had a lovely evening and before dinner all played cards in the conservatory. Mike has been at home all day after being out with friends last night so it was great to see him...sometimes I forget what he looks like!

No comments: