Wednesday 3 August 2016

A fishy tale...

I wasn't looking forward to going to the Citizen's Advice Bureau today as I knew that the man I work with, Frank, was off for a funeral and it meant I would be all alone on Reception in the afternoon, something I really didn't feel happy about.

Keith drove me in this morning as I still can't face parking in the Mayorhold car park. He dropped me off outside the Guildhall and there was no sign, as I thought, of Frank. I fetched the keys to the offices and started to unlock and Hilary arrived. It was a bit like the blind leading the blind as one of the laptops wasn't working properly and in the end one of the staff members from the main office had to come over and sort it out.

We had a fairly busy morning with no real problems so that was a relief. I went out at lunchtime and sat in the courtyard with my lunch to phone Sophie who was at home all day. She was a bit bored! We had a chat and then it was back into the office for the afternoon session. hilary stayed until about 1.45pm so I was on my own until 3pm.

By now I was adept at booking appointments with the main office but if anything had cropped up that I didn't know how to deal with, I would have looked a bit silly! I think that there should be at least two people on Reception all the time as the advisors are constantly coming out and needing to book clients in for appointments or they need something printing off. Although I had a man come in at just before 3pm to ask about a problem, we did manage to finish by a quarter past and I rushed out to find my whole family in the car waiting for me!

It had been a gorgeous day all day (typical!) and when I got home I found that with the windows open, all the minute brown leaves had blown in and were all over the conservatory floor, all over our new en-suite floor (more of that later) and the driveway was covered in dead leaves of all kinds. I'd never seen such a mess!

We were due out again at 4.30pm as I'd booked to take the kids to see Finding Dory. For some reason I thought we were going to the cinema in Kettering and it was a good job I'd checked my confirmation email as I realised I'd booked Cineworld at Sixfields because we wanted to see the film in 3D. There was an immediate rush to leave as Sixfields is much further away!

Predictably, the traffic was horrendous but we arrived at the cinema at just after 5pm and after buying popcorn and drinks we made our way into the auditorium. It was almost empty, which surprised me, with only the top two rows taken. I was pleased but just as the film started a couple came in and sat right behind us! They were fine until almost the end when apparently the girl put her feet up on Sophie's and Mike's seats which was very annoying!

I called Keith as we left as he was cooking a curry and it was almost ready when we arrived home I went upstairs to change and noticed a puddle of water on the en-suite bathroom floor...

Back downstairs I told Keith who couldn't wait to finish his dinner and go and look. We both think it's coming from the new towel rail so that's a bit of a worry. We haven't heard from the men about coming back to finish off the room so tomorrow Keith will call B&Q and find out what's happening.

We spent the rest of the evening watching The Imitation Game, about Alan Turing and it was great to see the bits they'd filmed at Bletchley Park!

No comments: