Wednesday 10 August 2016

A somewhat stressful day!

Today hasn't been the best of days, I'm afraid. I was at the CAB early this morning and helped Frank to unlock the offices and set up the laptops. Just after we opened I had a call on my mobile from Darren who was fitting our en-suite to say he wouldn't make it to our house because of a problem. I called Keith to let him know and then half an hour later, as I was dealing with a couple of difficult clients, Sophie called to say that Keith wasn't well and could I come home?

I made my apologies to Frank and it was a good thing that we had another girl in training with us as she could help out. I rushed home to find Keith looking OK but a bit worried as he'd been bleeding and didn't know where the blood had come from.

We took Sophie to work and then decided to risk the Weston Favell Centre to get tonight's dinner. However, the works to the car park are still ongoing and it was bedlam so we fled and went home to pick Mike up and take him to Brixworth before going to Tesco in Kettering. It's my Dad's birthday tomorrow so I bought him a card from me and one from the children and a new book by his favourite author.

Mum and Dad called around in the afternoon for a cup of tea and they said that my Dad needs two new knees at some point in the future! He will probably have the first one sorted in November and the other one next year but it will mean he'll be out of action for a while. My Mum needs to get driving again!

After they'd gone Keith and I went to get Sophie from work and braved the traffic through town to go to Majestic where I bought my Dad three bottles of wine from Chile. It was very quiet in there - I do sometimes wonder how they make a living!

On the way home we collected Mike and then it was home for a game of cards and roast gammon for dinner. Up until today Sophie and I haven't had any wine but tonight, after my stressful day, I couldn't resist a glass!

No comments: