Monday 22 August 2016

A day of coconuts!

Sophie and I went off to Milton Keynes this morning as she had been paid last week and wanted to go and spend some of her very hard-earned wages!

We parked in the multi-storey and went to the Krispy Kreme cafe for a change. We both ordered a coffee and a doughnut and very good they were too! I still do prefer Costa, though!



After our refreshment break we pootled off to M&S where I looked at the bathroom range. However, I was not prepared to pay £99 for a mirror, thank you very much! We walked up to River Island where Sophie bought three lovely tee-shirts to wear to uni and then after looking in Accessorize for a bag for Sophie we meandered up to John Lewis to see what they had on offer, bathroom-wise. I wasn't that impressed so we decided to leave buying anything until we'd been to Ikea.

We walked back down the shopping mall, calling into Boots where I bought a bottle of coconut water. We'd watched Dragon's Den last night and saw a man selling a wide range of coconut based products and I was tempted to find out what all the fuss was about! Sophie picked out a jar of coconut body oil and once we were out of the shop we tried the drink. It was OK but I wouldn't rave about it!

From Boots we went to Schuh where Sophie treated herself to a pair of Converse trainers. By now we were both flagging a bit so we took our purchases back to the car and headed off to Las Iguanas. It was still warm but very cloudy so it was great to sit down in the restaurant and order a cold drink!

Both Sophie and I chose the chicken nachos to start followed by Tortas for my daughter and a Cuban Sandwich for me. Both dishes came with curly fries and were delicious. Sophie enjoyed two Caiprinhas while I treated myself to half an Brazilian beer. We managed to find room for dessert and Sophie chose the Mojito Jelly she so badly wanted on her birthday! It was a bit of a disappointment, though, and she said it was too heavy on the lime flavour! I decided on the Tembleque, a coconut cream pudding served with red berries and a mango sauce. It was extremely sweet!

After paying the very reasonable bill, we waddled off back to the shopping mall and Sophie made one last attempt to buy some Mac make-up. The stand was still very busy so she gave up and we returned to the car. By now it was 5pm and I just knew the journey home was going to be slow because of all the traffic. I was proved right! We crawled up to Junction 14 but once we were past Newport Pagnell the traffic eased and we arrived home just after 6pm.

Keith was at the pub but had given me instructions to get his and Mike's dinner on. They were having leftover beef casserole made into a pie and needless to say Sophie and I weren't joining them!






No comments: