Thursday 11 August 2016

Getting there!

We had a busy start to the day as Mike had an Orthodontist appointment at 8.30am so I drove him to the surgery and then took Sophie to work for 9am. When I returned to the Orthodontist, he still hadn't been seen so I waited with him until he was finished. He now has retainers that he's supposed to wear all the time but I can't see that happening!

When I arrived home there was no Darren, who was supposed to be at the house today finishing off our en-suite. I called him and he assured me he would be with us but it wasn't until lunchtime that he showed up. Thankfully, he replaced the shower splash panel, re-aligned the shower door and grouted the corners with a white sealant so that was good news. We're now just awaiting the new extractor fan light to be done and I can start decorating!

I spent the rest of the afternoon catching up with various things and then I'm sure I was supposed to be working with Sue in the afternoon but there was no sign of her at all. Keith and I went to Mum and Dad's instead to wish my Dad a happy birthday. He was thrilled with his book and the wine I'd chosen and was looking forward to going out with friends in the evening to an Indian restaurant in town.

After we left them we sped home for a bath and then I went off to pick up Mike from Brixworth and Sophie from work while Keith cooked a roast chicken for dinner. We haven't had a roast for ages so it made for a very pleasant change!

No comments: