Monday 8 August 2016

Manic Monday!

Today has been exceptionally busy... why do I always have so much to do? And how did I ever find the time to go to work?

After a delicious breakfast of leftover fried potatoes, I made a Key Lime pie with Sophie and marinated some chicken breasts for the Jerk Chicken pasta that we're having tonight. Keith tackled a load of ironing and I stripped my bed in readiness to put my new duvet cover on. The rubbish that was supposed to have been picked up on Saturday was still outside our house so Keith called B&Q and had a bit of a rant down the phone at them. As he was on the phone a van arrived to take the waste away so that was a result at least! He then had an argument with them about the new extractor fan light and the cost of installation which was over £80. We had thought this included the actual fan light but it didn't...As you can imagine Keith was not happy so after more complaining we received an assurance from them that they would supply the extractor fan light free of charge for all the hassle we've had. Hopefully, by the end of the week, everything will be completed.

At lunchtime Keith and I drove to Brixworth and went to the Post office as I had some more stuff to send off from Ebay. We collected Mike, who looked a bit tired, and I went home to hoover the house yet again!

Mike had an Orthodontist appointment at 3pm and we agreed that it was best for Keith to take him while I went with Sophie to her nail appointment at 4pm. To all go together would have meant a lot of hanging about and they were both back just as we were leaving to go into town. Sophie had taken my advice about her nails and had the gel polish removed without any more being applied. Her nails were in such a state last time that she would have been mad to have them done again. They still looked lovely, even without polish, as she has beautiful slender fingers and nails.

Back home Keith walked down to the pub and I tackled the front garden by sweeping up yet more leaves and tidying the verge where the rubbish had been. The plants weren't as damaged as I thought and by the time I finished it was all looking much tidier!

No comments: