Wednesday 31 August 2016

All alone!

I was assured that I wouldn't be alone at the CAB today and that someone would come over from the main office to help. I arrived and set up and Gill appeared to say that there was indeed someone coming over to man the Reception office with me...only they never turned up!

It was OK, though, as we weren't manically busy and it remained steady all day with no real issues to complicate matters, thank goodness! The only problem was that I couldn't leave the office to go and have lunch and I couldn't even make a tea or coffee! Gill stayed in the office while I popped to the loo in the afternoon but it was a long day under the glare of fluorescent lights!

After the session I headed to the main office to see Penny and she went through the training with me. I had no idea I had to complete some assessments online so I'll do that over the next week or so. I'd parked the car in the Mayorhold car park today and it was quite an easy process to get out using my CAB parking card. From now on I'll park there as it wasn't that bad and at least Judy had parked opposite me so we walked together.

From town I went to collect Sophie from work and as I was a bit early I sat and had a cup of tea and a slice of cake and had a good chat with Maureen. Sophie and I had an appointment to give blood at 5pm but Sophie couldn't donate in the end as she'd had her ears pierced a couple of months ago! She was disappointed but we both made an appointment for the 22 December...that will come too quickly!

Sophie and Keith had hatched a plan to go out in the evening to The Lamplighter. Mike had gone off to stay with friends so it was just the three of us going out. Sophie and I had a quick shower and we felt a lot better as today has been warm and muggy.

The Lamplighter was busy as the quiz was on this evening but we grabbed a table by the window and were soon munching on delicious garlic bread. Sophie and I chose burgers for our main course while Keith went for his beloved fish and chips! We left just as the quiz started and by now the place was packed! Driving home we left the car windows open and the variety of different smells going through the town was amazing!

No comments: