Friday 5 August 2016

Busy, busy!

I had so many things I needed to do today I didn't know where to start first! Keith cleaned the main bathroom and I brought the hoover up to get rid of the millions of tiny brown specks that have been blown in through the window. I have no idea where they come from but they are everywhere! They had even got stuck into the sealant around the tiles which was a pain.

After taking Sophie to work we came home and while Keith cooked breakfast of bacon and tomatoes, I swept the driveway as it was covered in dead leaves. The rubbish from our en-suite renovation is still outside the house and is a real eyesore. Darren called in this morning to "fix" the leak in the en-suite and promised he would be back next week to finish off the jobs that need doing. I have to admit that B&Q's service has been terrible and I certainly won't be using them again for any projects in the house.

Mike then wanted some help with his CV so I did that with him and caught up with my blog which I was really behind on! He wanted to go to Brixworth to see his mates and was planning on going to a party in the evening if he could get someone to put him up for the night!

The rest of the day was spent sweeping the front of the house and strimming the bit of verge I could get to! I had a long chat with Tom which was very pleasant - it's such a shame his wife Emma is not at all sociable and I still haven't seen their baby who is now nearly five months old!

Once I'd tidied up the front of the house I finished hoovering upstairs, replaced Sophie's bedding which had been washed and then gave downstairs a quick clean. Before I knew it it was time to pick up Sophie from work and I was looking forward to a chilled glass of wine and dinner. Mike called to say he was staying out overnight so while Keith went upstairs to watch Newcastle's first game of the season against Fulham (I had to pick him up from the pub early!) Sophie and I watched a very good film called Burnt starring the delicious Bradley Cooper! Mmm!

No comments: