Sunday 21 August 2016

A day of domesticity!

I forgot to mention that yesterday was the anniversary of the sale of the business. The year has certainly sped by!

After dropping Sophie off at work this morning we went to see Lynda to give her the card and present I'd bought for her yesterday. We sat and had a coffee with her and then it was home to start work on all the chores I had lined up.

As well as it being wet yesterday, it was also very windy and all the leaves from a hundred mile radius were gathered by our back door and on the driveway. It infuriates me! Before I did anything else I hoovered them all up (I'm sure the neighbours must think I'm a mad woman!) and then I cleaned the rest of the house, which was hard work!

I was determined to give the en-suite a really good clean and asked Keith to put up the new storage caddy so we could keep the shampoo and conditioner there. When I finished it looked lovely so now all we have to do is paint the walls and ceiling. I will get around it it one day!

By 4.30pm I'd had enough but the house did look a lot better and the leaves were mostly gone, thank goodness! The earlier sunshine had given way to cloudy skies and it rained hard after dinner. Mike was out with friends again so there was just the three of us eating Keith's beef casserole with a cheesy potato topping. After dinner Sophie and I tried to watch a couple of episodes of The Good Wife but our internet is playing up badly at the moment and we had to give up...very frustrating!

No comments: