Wednesday 24 August 2016

A stressful day...

I asked Keith to drop me off in town today as he had to take Sophie in to work at 9.30am. I was a bit worried when I didn't see Frank opening up the CAB offices but I carried on in the hope he would arrive at any minute. When Gill, one of the Advisors, arrived she said that he had been held up because of a plumbing problem at home...

I did all that I could and thankfully we didn't have any clients as one of the laptops was playing up again. This turned out to be the theme of the day as both the electronic appointment system went down in the afternoon and one of the vital programmes we use also stopped working, although it was only for a short time, thank goodness!

Frank never came in so after Hilary went at 1pm I was all alone. Thankfully it was quiet and without any major issues so by 3pm I was more than ready to go home! I did enjoy today, though, and find I'm getting on well with Gill and Judy who are both advisors.  Keith and the children were waiting for me and on the way home we called into a Tesco Extra and Sophie treated us to an ice-cream. It has been another hot day and the temperature went up to 32c on the way home.

After getting home and showering we all went to the pub where we indulged in a pint of lager each. The bar bill wasn't so much of an indulgence though...£20 for four pints and two packets of crisps! The sunshine and blue skies had given way to heavy cloud and a real humid feel to the air. Rain is forecast tomorrow!


No comments: