Saturday 6 August 2016

Rude awakening!

I woke up at 2am this morning and started worrying about Mike for some reason. I checked Messenger and saw he'd been on at 1am so I tried to go back to sleep hoping that he was safely at a friend's house.

However, I then saw a light go on in the house and got up to see if it was Sophie. Rather than my daughter responding, it was my son who shouted up from downstairs that he'd got a lift home! He couldn't get the key out of the lock and of course this then woke us all up! He was a bit merry and was carrying a huge McDonald's cup but I was just relieved to see him and know he was home safe! He was very chatty (tipsy) so we had a quick talk and then I packed him off to bed. The cat had sneaked in as well so rather than throw him back out and risk a lot of yowling we let him stay in.

It took me a while to get back to sleep but when I woke up again, the sun was shining. The weekend is forecast to be lovely - I hope it's right! After breakfast Keith and I tidied up the back garden. he hoovered (sorry, mowed) the lawn while I hoed the borders and picked up even more leaves. I'm starting to get obsessive about leaves!

At midday Sophie and I went to Market Harborough and had lunch in Costa Coffee. It's been a really warm (26c) and sunny day today and people were making the most of the sunshine by sitting outside. It was much cooler inside where we decided to sit!

Sophie bought some clothes in New Look and had a mooch in Monsoon but nothing caught her eye. The sales are on everywhere now and Autumn clothes are starting to creep in which is a bit of a depressing thought! I forgot to say in Thursday's post that when we went to Jones's there were Christmas decorations out on display...can you believe it? Some people haven't even been away for their summer holiday yet!

As it was getting warmer by the minute we decided to call it a day and after popping into Aldi to get some wine and lager for Keith we returned home to sit in the garden. Monty was delighted that we were sitting out and lay stretched out on the grass until he decided that was too warm for him so he sat underneath the garden seat!

In the evening we played cards and then barbecued. Keith had chopped up a load of logs in the morning and after we'd eaten he put them on the chimenea to burn.




We'd bought a bag of marshmallows in the shopping and we roasted these as well. Delicious!





No comments: