Sunday 17 April 2016

Snow!

We had traces of lying snow on the ground this morning but within a couple of hours it had all gone. Sophie was in at work as usual and just as we arrived back home from taking her, Mike was ready to go and see Heather. We really must try and coordinate this trips a bit better!

When we finally got home we had bacon and tomatoes for breakfast (one of my favourites) and I tried out the new air conditioning aerosol cleaner I'd bought the other day. If I turn it on, which obviously isn't often at the moment, the car smells of wet dog so I'd bought a spray that was supposed to clear out all the bacteria which causes the whiff. I had to run the car for ten minutes with the aircon on full blast and after I'd finished it did smell a lot fresher.

While I was loitering outside I had a chat with both Paul and Sue who had been walking the dogs. After the early snow this morning the weather has reverted back to Spring and we've had lovely sunshine and blue skies all day.

In the afternoon I picked up Mum from her house and we drove to Beckworth for a cup of tea. We had to queue for about twenty minutes but we enjoyed a lovely scone and jam in the busy restaurant. There were several large groups enjoying afternoon tea but if we'd had that I'd never eat again today!

We were very good and both of us resisted buying lots of plants. At the moment it's far too early for summer bedding but a bit late for pansies and violas so we decided to wait for the warmer weather, hopefully in May!


No comments: