Sunday 24 April 2016

Getting colder...

The bright and sunny weather turned this afternoon and we had grey skies and cold nasty rain to contend with. The forecast for next week is cold and showery with even some snow mixed in with the rain. I so want it to be warm and sunny!

Sophie and I went to Market Harborough for lunch and although a lot of the independent shops were closed we still managed to do some shopping. We decided to try somewhere new to eat and went to Joules Eating Yard but the cafe was very cluttered and the area to order your food was tiny. We seemed to be in someone's way all the time so we fled to Starbucks which had acres of room and a lovely quiet atmosphere!

In Waterstones I bought two books with subjects close to my heart - Mary Berry's Cookery Course and a small tome on cocktails. I shall enjoy trying recipes from both! Sophie treated herself to a guide to New York's Brooklyn so we went away very pleased with our purchases.

I also bought Keith a whistle in the Mountain Warehouse shop for when he goes walking. As the nature reserve is so quiet he'd been advised to carry a whistle to attract attention should he ever need it. He'd been looking for one for ages so I was very pleased I'd found him one that came complete with a compass and a mini torch!

As the weather had turned nasty we headed home and did very little. This weekend has really been quite lazy!

No comments: