Tuesday 12 April 2016

Helping out

Sophie was back at uni today and after taking her there and Mike to school we went over to my Mum's house to help them with some jobs. Ian came as well and he and Keith put up a new light fitting in the hallway. It was a bit manic as two men were putting up a shed for them in the garden, the Sharps fitter was in the bedroom constructing their fitted wardrobes and the Broadband man was also expected! Mum and Dad looked a bit frazzled!

The Broadband man arrived and I explained what had happened last week, with being able to connect on Thursday and then losing the connection on Friday. We tried everything again but nothing worked and after a very long phone call to the company providing the Broadband we decided to try a completely new router which Mum and Dad had to go and pick up on Wednesday.

Ian went home as his work was done and after lunch Keith built two new bedside cabinets, which helped my parents enormously. We had to leave at 2pm as I desperately needed some diesel for my car and we had to go and collect Sophie from uni before heading home to be there for Mike when he returned from school. Sophie had some gifts for my parents so we arranged to return at 4pm so she could see them and have a chat about what she'd been up to.

They were thrilled with their presents - a beautiful chunky necklace for my mum and a baseball cap for my Dad. Sophie had also bought them a bottle of red wine between them so they did very well! Keith had received a tee-shirt from Sophie and I had been given a beautiful little plaque with two cats on it and "Beware of the Cats" in Italian. Keith fixed it to the wall for me and it looks great!

In the evening we dropped Mike off at Army cadets and decided to have a drink and a meal at The Lamplighter. We had a great evening and chatted to Sophie about her Rome trip and our plans for next year when we hope to go back to Florida for three weeks. Let's keep our fingers crossed!


No comments: