Thursday 28 April 2016

Hail storm!

Today has flown past and it's been a little hectic! Sophie had an appointment at the doctor's surgery in Guilsborough this morning and we were pleased to learn that her thyroid levels are perfect. She mentioned about her constant sneezing and runny nose and the doctor prescribed a nasal spray that we hope will help.

From Guilsborough we drove to uni as she was meeting some friends to do exam revision and I returned home, swapped the cars over and drove to Mum and Dad's house in Jim where Keith was working with Ian on the new fireplace.

They had both finished just as I arrived, so after a quick cup of coffee Keith and I went to the new Aldi in Kettering. We were hoping that we wouldn't get told off about the position of our trolley and I have to say it was slightly more relaxed than normal! We then went to Tesco on the other side of the town and did the rest of our shopping in a much more leisurely manner! I bought a new quiche tin and some baking beans as I'm going to attempt to make a Quiche Lorraine for dinner next Tuesday. I've never really been one for making pastry so we'll see how it goes!

Back home we had time for lunch before I went to collect Sophie from uni. It was bliss to not have to go out again in the evening but Keith did venture out - to Wellingborough to see Sileby play the penultimate game of the season. He was very brave because just after he left we had another storm with thunder, lightening and a hail shower so thick it came down like snow!



While Keith was out getting cold and wet, the three of us had a great time with delicious pizza and wedges and cocktails. I made Sophie a Vodka Caipirinha while I had a "Godmother" - vodka and Amaretto di Saronna served over ice. Delicious!

Pot Boy...taken one afternoon when it was warm enough to sit outside for a while!

No comments: