Tuesday 5 April 2016

Birthday celebrations!

Keith and I were up early this morning preparing Sophie's birthday breakfast - the Smokehouse Combo! Keith grated potatoes and half an onion to make the has browns while I sorted out the American style pancake batter.

We left opening presents and cards until my parents arrived at 10am and Sophie was thrilled with what she received from all of us. Getting breakfast ready was a bit hectic but we managed it and we served up bacon, smoked Frankfurthers, fried eggs (sunny side up), hash browns and pancakes served with maple syrup. Delicious! We even had sun and Florida skies to go with it!

Once my parents left we all scrambled to get ready as we had to leave the house by 1pm to drive to Cineworld in Milton Keynes to see the film Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice! We'd chosen to see it in the rock and rolling 4DX cinema so I knew we were in for a treat!

We arrived in good time and took our seats after buying some popcorn and drinks. The cinema slowly filled up and there were lots of children as it the Easter holidays still.

Sophie in the cinema

The film was very entertaining but I didn't have a clue what was going on and we really were thrown about a lot this time as there were loads of action scenes with people getting attacked and lots of flying about in the air. However, the lack of awareness didn't bother me as I just enjoyed all the special effects and being whisked about with my hair blown everywhere!

When we emerged I felt like I'd been in a tornado and we stumbled out into the early evening sunshine feeling a bit dazed and confused! We drove the short distance to the Hub and parked the car near Las Iguanas. As we had an hour before we'd booked our table we went to the Turtle Bay restaurant for a drink and we had an extremely pleasant hour sitting in the window in the sun and discussing the film. Luckily the kids told Keith and I what had been going on!

At 6pm we strolled over to Las Iguanas and took our seats in a booth. We ordered drinks while we looked at the menu and I decided to go with something different and try a new item on the menu, the pork ribs. Keith went for his usual, the half chicken and of course the children both went for the fajitas! When the waitress came to take our order she tols us she didn't have any chicken for our nacho starter (huh?) so we had to make do with chilli beef and a plain version and my ribs were off. I opted for the beefburger instead, only to find this was off as well. I was not very happy! As it was only 6pm on a Tuesday I was a bit surprised that they had run out of so many choices!



As usual our meals were fine and the music wasn't too loud. The restaurant slowly became much more busy and a group of women took their seats next to us with a tiny baby! Luckily, she was very good and didn't cry!

The kids wanted dessert so they had a good look at the menu and Sophie chose the Mojito jelly, something she'd been looking forward to for ages. However, it was also off! Sophie was one very disappointed birthday girl! As an apology Sophie's substitute - Churros - was free.

We left the restaurant at 8pm, drove home and then enjoyed a slice of ice-cream Birthday cake to round off the day!

I broke one of the letters so we had to adapt the words!





No comments: