Wednesday 20 April 2016

Bunking off!

Keith had an appointment at the hospital this morning for another CT scan so after dropping Mike off at school and Sophie off at work (she's covering for holiday all day today) we drove to the hospital and arrived early,

We were a bit worried as to why he had to have another scan but when he was seen they explained that the last time he had been scanned the ink hadn't gone into his vein properly. This reassured us a bit but it meant that the consultant hadn't seen the results properly yet.

From the hospital we went to the Weston Favell Centre as we needed to post our passports off to Peterborough and as we were coming out we met my parents who were in BB's having a cup of coffee. We sat with them for almost an hour and had a great chat, which was lovely. Now we no longer work together I feel like I've got my Mum and Dad back!

From the Weston Favell Centre we went to The Malt Shovel pub in town as we both felt like we needed some time out. We parked in Morrison's car park which was very handy (I'd already done a complete circuit of the multi-storey but there were no spaces at all) and walked across the road to the very quiet pub.

We had a blissful time just chatting and sampling their real ales (well, Keith did, I had a couple of halves of Leffe) with a delicious lunch of sausage and onion baguette (me) and Cheddar and Stilton Ploughman (Keith). The pub was very quiet but that was how we liked it!

When we arrived home Keith went off to "watch" the racing while I sat in the garden with Monty and the robin who was always nearby and listening when I spoke to him. It was a glorious afternoon and lovely to be able to sit in the garden for a while and soak up the sun!

At 6pm we were on our way to picking up both children - Sophie from work and Mike from Heather's house where he'd gone after school. As usual the traffic was horrendous and I lost my temper driving though Moulton as, although I had right of way, a whole line of cars kept on coming which meant that I couldn't move. After the fifth or sixth car I just decided to go and had to go up onto the pavement as the oncoming cars scattered and tried to get out of my way. I was ranting and raving (nothing new there at the moment) and Keith was a bit shaken by my driving!

I've just had enough lately, though. The sheer ignorance and thoughtlessness of drivers at the moment is unbelievable and it seems that on every journey we make some idiot causes us to roll our eyes and comment on what they've done. I think so many people are distracted while driving that it really is a problem.

We picked up the children without further incident and then went home where, instead of making fish pie for dinner as planned, we just had a sandwich, much to the disgust of Sophie who was looking forward to the meal!


No comments: