Thursday 14 April 2016

Rushed off our feet!

As soon as we had taken MIke to school this morning we had to drop my car off at the garage in Broughton as I felt there was something very wrong with my brakes. We left it with the mechanics and drove to Kettering to do our shopping.

Keith and I have decided to adopt a new tactic when we put the shopping through the checkout...we're just going to put it all back in the trolley and pack it into bags after we've paid. Last week was no fun and if Keith starts going on his own as he has threatened to, he'll never be able to cope with trying to put it into bags!

As we were driving out I received a call from the Broadband company as they couldn't get hold of my parents and the engineer was going to be late. Luckily I managed to contact them and we called in on the way home. I'm hopeful it will be sorted out now!

Back home we put the shopping away, had some lunch and then took Sophie to university. Before heading home we called into Jones's as I needed more fat snax (the birds go through an incredible amount every day!) and some polish for my car.

It was a glorious afternoon even though we had been given a weather warning for heavy rain and thunder for our area. I managed to sit in the garden with Monty for half an hour and soaked up some rays. It was gorgeous!


Before long it was time to collect Mike from school, as we had arranged an eye test for him at the Optician's. Luckily he'd remembered and we met him near Heather's house before driving off to the Weston Favell Centre. We just had time to buy him a Subway sandwich before he went in and had his eyes looked at!

He mentioned that he'd had difficulty reading the words on the whiteboard at school and lo and behold! he needed glasses! Of course he made a beeline for the really expensive ones and we had to steer him back to the more reasonable spectacles! We did get a voucher, though, as he is still in school, and with a further student discount, the price came to just £30 so that was good!

We dashed back to the car as I'd left my phone there and found I'd had various messages and phone calls from the garage to say that my car was ready. By now the warm and sunny weather had given way to heavy rain and dark grey clouds so we splashed along the A43 to Broughton where I retrieved my car. The bill came to a hefty £215 as it needed both brake discs and pads and the mechanic said to me," They're really big, those discs! Very expensive!"

Er, yes, I realise that!

Keith and Mike went home while I made the return trip to Northampton to pick up Sophie. When we arrived home the thunder and lightening started and we had torrential rain. At least it made for interesting skies!


No comments: