Saturday 2 April 2016

First day of Spring?

After a very mizzly and grey start to the day the sun came out this afternoon and it was absolutely glorious. Our first Spring day so far?

I was up early and made a start on watching a new Swedish drama called Thicker Than Water which is very similar to the Danish, The Legacy, about a matriarch who calls her family together before she takes her own life. It was a bit slow to begin with but by the end of episode two I was hooked!

At midday Sophie and I went to Jones's as my daughter needed to get some bits for her trip to Rome. They had hardly anything that she needed so we drove down to Boots in town but they didn't have a lot of stuff either. On the way out of the shop my sunglasses broke so I went back in and treated myself to a new pair...for free! I just used my Boots points to pay for them, which was brilliant!

We had hair appointments booked for 1.30pm and the salon was very busy indeed. Sophie was seen to first which gave me an opportunity to relax and read a magazine. We both had our ends trimmed but Sophie did go a bit further than she planned and her hair is now quite short!

After the hairdresser's we went home and after eating lunch in the sun I washed my car while Sophie sorted out her wardrobe. I had a chat with a couple of neighbours and when Keith returned from watching his football team play we went up to the pub for a quick drink.

Sophie came with us and we took our usual seats in the window but a family with a little girl were sitting nearby and it became apparent that the child was bored and wanted to go home. When she started constantly whining and crying we decided it was time for us to leave as well!

After a delicious curry for dinner we all settled down to watch Jurassic World on television. We'd seen it last year at the cinema but it was great to watch it again. Keith fell asleep and Mike went to bed as he was very tired from his party but Sophie and I enjoyed it immensely!


No comments: