Wednesday 6 April 2016

More celebrations

Today has been another busy one - how ever did I find the time to work?

Sophie wanted to change some money today so we drove to the Weston Favell Centre so she could draw some money out of the bank. We then went to Mum and Dad's to help them with their Broadband connection but after an hour of trying we still couldn't get them connected. It was enormously frustrating!

We left and went to Tesco where Sophie changed her pounds into euros and we shopped for dinner for tonight and tomorrow. There were lots of people wandering aimlessly about and I felt really stressed by it all for some reason! I think that the internet thing with my parents had really got to me as they both rely on accessing the web and it also meant that their Sky+ service wasn't working either. Sometimes I think we were better off when we didn't have all this technology!

Back home I cleaned downstairs and tidied up as Daisy and Laura were coming over to see Sophie and also my parents were due around in the evening for a Birthday meal. Mike's girlfriend, Heather, had arrived while we were out so we definitely had a house full of young people! The sun came out in the afternoon and the weather was lovely but very changeable. We're certainly experiencing April showers!

Laura and Daisy arrived and the three girls enjoyed a slice of ice-cream cake and a good gossip over the opening of Birthday presents for Daisy, who was 20 last week, and Sophie. They all seemed very excited about their trip to Rome tomorrow!

By the evening I was shattered but Keith and I prepared the chicken Kievs (he'd peeled tons of veggies earlier in the day) and I treated myself to a Gin and tonic while we stuffed garlic butter into the breasts. We then coated them in flour, a mixture of egg and melted garlic butter and breadcrumbs before putting them into the oven to bake.

Mum and Dad arrived and by 7.30pm we were all sitting down to dinner which turned out very well, despite my earlier worries! With new potatoes, vegetables and a creamy garlic sauce the chicken went down very well, thank goodness! We all enjoyed the rest of the ice-cream cake for dessert and Keith and Sophie washed up while I relaxed in the living room with my Mum and Dad. Phew!

No comments: