Monday 11 April 2016

She's home!

After dropping Mike off at school today Keith went for a walk while I went off to the post office in the village to post a small parcel. As soon as I got home I made a batch of white chocolate and raspberry muffins and then it was almost time to go and collect Sophie, Daisy and Laura from Stansted Airport.

Keith returned, had a shower and we set off. We made very good time and arrived at 12pm to park in one of the short stay carparks. There were so many it was a little confusing! There was no confusion over the price though...£15 for under two hours!

We walked into the terminal and I bought us both a tea and a coffee and we sat overlooking Arrivals while also watching the screens for information on the flight. They arrived right on time and I texted Sophie to ask her not to dawdle getting their bag! I had a feeling they would all be hungry but thought it would be better to call into the nearby services for lunch rather than stop at the airport. especially with the parking charges!

The girls arrived after about half an hour and seemed glad to be home. We dashed back to the car and drove to the motorway junction where we had a bite to eat for lunch. It was very busy and there were lots of children still about so obviously some schools are still off for Easter (which seems like an age ago!).

We had another good journey home and Sophie chatted about the break while Daisy and Laura snoozed. They sorted out their shared bag and waited for their lifts to arrive while I gave them a muffin to try. I have to say they were delicious!

In the evening I made Sophie a Margarita to welcome her home and made one of her favourite meals, Jerk Chicken Pasta. I'm just very glad to have her home!

No comments: