Wednesday 27 April 2016

Muffin masterclass!

Sophie was at work until 4pm today and after dropping her off and taking Mike to school (and Keith to Pitsford for his walk), I went home to have a slice of toast from the bread I made yesterday.  The house was blissfully quiet so I was able to knuckle down and finish my third assignment, something I'd been struggling with for a few days.

At 11am I went to collect Keith from the reservoir as he'd walked the whole way around the nature reserve in two hours, which was really good going! Back home I spent the rest of the morning doing housework as Mum and Dad were coming over in the afternoon. Mum wanted to see how I made muffins as I'd said how easy they were to make and she was keen to bake them as well.

We made chocolate and banana muffins and they were delicious! We munched on them with a cup of tea and Mum was eager to go and buy the ingredients and try them for herself, Traditionally my Dad has always been the cook in the house but with her free time she can start to experiment and try out different things herself.

In the evening Sophie met her friends Daisy and Laura in town for cocktails, followed by a meal at Sophia's. Keith and I dropped her off at 7pm and drove home through ever darkening skies. Over dinner we had hail, sleet and snow! I think this is the latest I have ever known it to snow in the UK and the temperatures have certainly dropped over the last few weeks!

No comments: