Saturday 23 April 2016

Quiet Saturday

Sophie was at work today, covering for a member of staff who was on holiday so we dropped her off and then took Mike to Brixworth to see his friends. On the way home we called into Holcot as they have a lovely book-swap station set up in an old telephone box! Keith took four of his old books in and came out with four new ones. What a great idea!

Neither of us did anything of much interest for the rest of the morning - I caught up with writing this blog and then picked Sophie up from work at 3pm. She was a bit frustrated that she'd been in today as she felt she wasn't really needed and today has been lovely and sunny, despite being a little on the cold side. She wished that we could have gone and had a cup of coffee or something but I was still in my scruffs!

We returned home and on a sudden impulse I put some old unwanted stuff in the car to take to the tip. It had been on my list of things to do so at least I did that! As soon as we came home I had a long, hot bath which made me feel a little less scruffy!

Keith came home with Mike as he'd been out watching a local football match. Dinner was a spicy curry followed by the Bridge of Spies film which we both enjoyed immensely!

No comments: