Friday 23 May 2014

The end of an era

It was Sophie's last ever day at school today - where have all the years gone?

She went off early to a friend's house as they were going in dressed as hippies. I took Mikey in a bit later and he was relieved that it was the last day of term as well!

Sophie was unsure of what she was actually doing today so I just awaited a call or a text. The idea was to stay at school until the afternoon and then go to one of the pubs near the school to celebrate their freedom!

She called me mid-afternoon to say that she wanted to go to a party in Brixworth later in the day and would I mind picking her up tonight...I wasn't happy, to be honest as I just imagined I'd pick her up from one of the pubs at about 6pm and go home... However, I said it would be fine and waved goodbye to a relaxing Friday evening!

I left work early, went home and with Keith, amused ourselves by looking at hotels in Key West. Outside the rain fell steadily out of a grey sky so it was the perfect antidote to look at tropical beaches and gorgeous scenery! Sophie called me to say that she was on her way home with Laura to get ready and could I take them both to Brixworth? Oh, and was it OK for Laura to stay overnight?!

The weather cleared up slightly in the evening and the sun came out which was a good thing as Sophie and Laura were both wearing very flimsy summer dresses even though the temperatures had dropped rapidly as the week went on!

I dropped them off, went home to get the dinner and then awaited a call to do my taxi duties again. The call came and we picked them both up at 11.30pm, so not too bad!


No comments: