Sunday 18 May 2014

Remembering...

Today Mum and I made another trip down to Kent as on this day last year my Nan died and we wanted to go to the Crematorium and lay some flowers on the spot where her ashes were scattered.

Again, it was a glorious day with blue skies and only small, white puffy clouds. We had a brilliant journey down to Kent and called into an M&S garage to buy some flowers before meeting my Uncle at the Crematorium.

We put our bouquets in vases and then took just one flower over the area where Nan's ashes were. The whole crematorium was looking beautiful with lovely trees and shrubs and a huge pond with Koi carp. It was very peaceful and the perfect place to remember loved ones.

We went for lunch to Hall Place which I imagined would be busy but was surprisingly quiet for such a beautiful Sunday afternoon. We chose a dish from the "nibbles" menu and had a good chat. My Uncle is planning to emigrate to Cyprus as he has lots of friends there and Mum and I thought it was a great idea.

We didn't hang around in Kent and as soon as we'd finished lunch we headed home. We had another brilliant journey and I was home by 4pm, which was a bonus. I managed to fall asleep on the sofa before dinner...it must be the heat!


No comments: