Wednesday 14 May 2014

Spring Walk

I have to say that today has been a lovely day. The weather has been beautiful and Sophie and I left work early to go home and have a walk with Keith over the fields, rather than go to the gym.

We tried to persuade Mikey to come with us, but he refused so the three of us set off in the afternoon sunshine. There were just enough clouds about to make the sky interesting:




We had a lovely walk and the fields were ablaze with the yellow rape flower.



My favourite Oak tree


Sophie kept us entertained throughout the walk as she normally does, grabbing my camera to take a few "selfies"!







When we arrived back on the road, we went to see two horses that live in the field opposite. Sophie called them over and they loved having a pat and some grass to eat.




As we neared home we met Sue with Bailey and her new dog, Archie, who is also a Cockerpoo. We made a huge fuss of both of them but Sue said that Archie was proving to be a bit difficult and the dogs weren't really getting on all that well. Sue was a bit worried but I think it'll take a little time for the dogs to get on and I'm sure it'll all work out well in the end.

While we were walking we were fantasising about what we'd like to drink and I fancied an ice-cold San Miguel so when we got home we all went over to the nearest shop to get some supplies. Mikey came with us this time as he wanted a magazine called "Kerrang"!

I bought some Singha lager (I changed my mind!) and although we didn't sit out in the garden, we sat in our lovely sunny conservatory and enjoyed a drink or two!

No comments: