Wednesday 28 May 2014

I am rejected...again!

It's been grey and miserable again today - will the sun ever shine again?

This morning was a wee bit stressful as Mum and Dad decided to take today off and Keith had an appointment at the hospital for his research thingy. I took Sophie in with me and arrived just before a man came to repair a huge rip in our inflatable slide. Polly had done a really good job of patching it up until we could get it fixed properly but the man with the machine mended it so it looked like new.

He's a great man and very friendly, but he can go on a bit! Luckily, as he was starting to explain to me about another repair he had planned, the phone rang and I was able to escape! I whizzed about unlocking and doing the tills (Sophie did "help" but it took me longer to explain to her how to do things than it would have taken me to do it myself!), hoping that Booker wouldn't deliver before Keith arrived.

By a stroke of good fortune, they arrived just after he did so he was able to offload it all for me and take it to the kitchen. It was then that we realised they'd left off all our drinks, a considerable part of the order! We both rushed outside to stop the driver from leaving! Phew!

When all the staff were in, Keith and I popped to the bank but on the way his phone rang and it was the hospital again. Keith had to go in for a blood test this morning and then he had to go back in for a cholesterol busting injection and it was ready to go. Rather than go to the bank and then all the way back to work to get his car and try and park, I dropped him off at the hospital and went to the bank on my own.

Needless to say the rain hasn't stopped all day and it's been a fine drizzle that soaks everything. At one time the weather resembled a November late afternoon and it was only the green fuzz on the trees that stopped it looking like a winter's day. Horrible!

After work Sophie and I went off to give blood at her school. It's been a year since Sophie donated and about seven months for me, so I was looking forward to getting my 30th donation in. However, when they did the health check and found out that my doctor had prescribed me Vitamin D tablets, they said that they wouldn't be able to take any blood from me on this occasion. I was quite upset with their decision but I was glad that Sophie was able to give a pint of blood and I've made an appointment for August.

When we got home we were a little worried as Monty has not appeared all day, even though he rarely ventures far from the house. Keith handed me a glass of wine and we sat and played cards in the conservatory while dinner cooked. It was a real antidote to all the noise I'd been experiencing at work!

After dinner Sophie and I walked around the estate calling Monty's name, in the hope he'd been trapped in a garage or shed, but we heard nothing. We know he has various cat "friends" dotted around the estate so at the moment we're just hoping he's found a new mate to hang out with for a while!

No comments: