Sunday 4 May 2014

Lazy Sunday!

Needless to say I felt a bit tired this morning as I never sleep well after I've had a lot to drink, but I was still up early despite my late night.

We took Sophie to work at 11am but she wasn't needed so we called to see Mum and Dad on the way home to deliver their Sunday newspaper and had a coffee in their sunny conservatory. Again, it was the most beautiful of days - suuny and warm and perfect May weather.

Back home we sat in the garden for a while, soaking up the sun and then Sophie and I went off to the garden centre as I needed some new sandals (yes, I know it's a funny place to buy shoes, but they have an outlet there!).

I didn't see any I liked so I treated Sophie to a Creamy Cooler in the Costa Coffee there (once upon a time garden centres just sold plants!) and then we had a look around and I bought some carrot and spring onion seeds to plant.

Right next door to the garden centre is a brand new Waitrose so we strolled over to have a look around. Sophie has been telling me that there are several fruits she hasn't tried so we bought a Kiwi fruit and an Avocado for her to try when we got home. I also buoght some baking ingredients and we were very impressed with the new store.

Back home it was lovely to relax before a gorgeous roast turkey dinner!

No comments: