Tuesday 20 May 2014

Chewing the fat!

It's been another lovely day, but thankfully not as hot as yesterday!

In the morning I went to see Ginny and Phillip who run a very similar play centre to ours, for a cup of coffee and a catch up. It's always great to see them as we can sit and moan about the state of the industry and they understand what we sometimes go through at work, especially when the weather's so nice! We all suffer!

We didn't talk much about the new place opening - soon it won't be the "new" place as they will have been open a year. Hard to believe! We talked about Groupon and whether it's a good idea for getting customers through the door, but I don't think it is. To me, it smacks of desperation!

After I'd seen Ginny and Philip, I rushed back to work for the lunchtime "rush" but there wasn't one so I went off to the bank to pay Mikey's piggy bank money into his account and went into Tesco to buy dinner for tonight. The sky was looking very stormy when I drove back to work and I was hoping for a nice violent thunderstorm to clear the air!

After work I managed to get out into the front garden for an hour and tidy it all up. Despite the heavy shower we'd had this morning, the soil was bone dry and I gave up trying to turn it over, pulling out the weeds by hand instead. It all looked a lot  better when I'd finished, but I managed to disturb a nest with hundreds of tiny spiders in as I cleaned the windowsills. I thought it was some kind of plant but it was a bunch of baby? spiders all huddled together! Yuk!




No comments: