Tuesday 6 May 2014

Our beautiful countryside...

Today has been an absolutely gorgeous day - warm and sunny, but with just the right amount of billowy white clouds to make the sky interesting. I went out to feed the birds mid-morning and just stood there looking at the beautiful sky and feeling glad to be alive!

We did get some rain in the afternoon but the clouds changed into different shades of grey and the colours of all the trees and blossom seemed especially vivid (sounds like I've been experimenting with drugs, but I haven't!!). When I took Mikey to Army Cadets the countryside was looking glorious as we have so many fields of yellow here at the moment (like my photo) and all I wanted to do was stop the car and take some pics!

After dinner Sophie tried some more fruits (pineapple, plum and peach) but I'm sure as a child we gave her them and she would definitely have eaten them at Nursery. She hated the plum and the peach but loved pineapple and said she wanted to take fruit salad into school tomorrow. To be honest, we're not a family of big fruit eaters which is probably why Sophie wasn't overly familiar with the fruits she tasted tonight!

We also had an avocado pear for her to try but she hated the texture - said it looked like clay - and wasn't keen on the taste. I said it was better mixed with prawns and a Marie Rose sauce! However, after we cleared up after dinner we mashed the rest of it up and made it into a facepack!


No comments: