Wednesday 21 May 2014

All change!

It's a good job we were quiet at work today as I had loads of paperwork to get sorted, including buying travel insurance for our forthcoming holiday and letting the Child Benefit office know that Sophie will no longer be in full-time education from this Friday. That's such a frightening thought as I can remember her first day at school so clearly and it only seems like a couple of years ago!

After our Booker order had been delivered Keith and I went off to find a metal recycling plant that Phillip had told me about yesterday. He said it was near the Saints Rugby ground, but we did a full traverse of the St James area before we finally found it. It was opposite a place where I worked ages ago (I'm talking 27 years here!) but back then the road stopped just beyond my offices. Now, a whole new area has opened up so after seeing someone at the recycling plant and asking him what we needed to do with all the scrap metal we have at work, we drove along the road to see where it led to. It came out (as I thought) onto Sixfields, which, when I first moved to Northampton, used to just be countryside. Now the whole area is barely recognisable.

Back at work, we had one customer in as the weather was gorgeous again today. After lunch I did all my important jobs and sorted our travel insurance out. This means that our holiday is getting closer! I also applied for a new bank account for Sophie and checked that everything had gone smoothly with the switch for my new one! I'd been with my old bank for over 40 years so it did feel a bit strange!

Laura came to the gym with us again tonight which was good as it was the sort of night that we would have gone home and done nothing! I did a good workout followed by my usual spell in the spa. They were playing very relaxing music in there tonight and it was almost empty, so very soothing after my busy day!


No comments: