Saturday 3 May 2014

A wee bit tipsy!

It was lovely last night to look forward to a three day weekend, as well as a barbecue tonight at Sarah and Liam's house next door.

Keith and I went for a walk first thing and did the usual loop over the fields. It was a gorgeous day and perfect for a walk, especially as both of us needed the exercise! When I got back and while waiting for Sophie to get ready for a shopping trip to Market Harborough, I made banana muffins, something I've never made before.

Sophie and I went shopping and we were able to park right outside Duncan's shop. We had a tasting of two Italian wines, a white from Sicily and a red from Piedmont that is made by prisoners, apparently! I liked the white but I wasn't keen on the red at all and changed my mind about buying it for tonight. We had a good mooch about the shop and I bought a Chilean Carmenere which I hoped Liam would enjoy.

After a quick lunch and an even quicker look around the shops, we sped back home so I could get ready. Sophie very kindly did my hair and make-up again and by 4pm we were all ready to go next door with Sue and Paul and their dog, Bailey, who had also been invited!

We had a really lovely evening and although the outside temperature was a bit chilly, we sat outside until almost 9pm and enjoyed lovely food and some beautiful wines. It was just the six of us which was very relaxed even though Sarah and Liam's grown-up children wandered in and out and the dogs had a great time together (except when a burger fell off the barbecue and both of them went for it and there was a fair bit of snarling and growling!).

Later in the evening we moved indoors and sat in the living room and chatted until 11pm. I had had a lot of wine to drink but I felt fine when we staggered home!

No comments: