Friday 9 May 2014

Just good friends...

This evening Sue and I went over to the Good Friends Bistro in Grafton Underwood to experience their evening menu. Sue very kindly drove again but we became embroiled in a bad traffic jam on the way due to roadworks which made us later than we'd intended. However, it wasn't a problem at all and we had a very enjoyable evening with some superb food and very friendly hosts.

The restaurant wasn't busy when we arrived and it was great to peruse the menu while nibbling on little breadsticks and olives. I was invited to try a red wine which I thought was a Cabernet Sauvignon, but Sue correctly guessed as a Rioja! I was impressed!

For starters Sue had gravalax and I chose the Chorizo, Morcilla & Halloumi Skewers which were served on a bed of leaves and were delicious. Sue stated that her starter was sublime. For mains, I opted for Sea Bass on a bed of mushrooms and potatoes while Sue chose the Navarin of Lamb, which was like a hearty stew full of spring vegetables.

We couldn't resist dessert which was Tiramisu and was one of the best I've ever had. It was so creamy and delicious and we both agreed we could have eaten it again! With coffees to end the meal the bill came to just over £61 which I thought was very good value for the standard of food and service.

When I arrived home the kids were still up so we watched the night's episode of Masterchef - a great way to end a foodie evening!

No comments: