Saturday 10 May 2014

Backing Britain

Today has been quite busy with very little time to sit and relax! Keith and I went for a walk first thing and narrowly escaped being soaked to the skin as we've had a day of sunshine and showers. It was also very windy which made walking a tad unpleasant!

While we were out Sophie made banana and chocolate chip muffins and they were gorgeous! Keith and I went out again to get the newspaper and we had a bit of a trip down memory lane as I took him to some places I used to go to when I was a child, to see if they still existed. Amazingly, they did!

In the afternoon Sophie and I went to Riverside as I needed to get a new gym bag. Mine is in danger of coming apart and I had visions of everything falling out as I walked through the gym floor, which would be highly embarrassing! I found a pink one in Sports Direct and was amazed at how busy the shop was and how high the merchandise was stacked! The poor staff were climbing extremely high ladders to get things down for customers!

From Sports Direct we called into Boots and then I treated Sophie to her usual favourite in Costa Coffee. This place was packed out as well and I'd been appalled at how difficult it was to get parked when we'd arrived! And they say there's no money about!

We had a lovely evening as Keith and I went to the pub for a drink after ordering a take-away from the van in the village. We had a couple of drinks, collected our meal and went home to watch the Eurovision Song Contest. Some of the acts were hilarious, especially Austria's entry - a transvestite with a beard who wore a full length evening gown with a beautiful wig and long nails. He/she won! Sophie absolutely loves the Eurovision Song Contest so we all had to sit and watch every minute. Half way through the evening, Sue popped over with some dessert for us as she was having friends over for dinner so that was an unexpected treat!

No comments: