Friday 31 May 2013

A quiet end to the week...thank goodness!

The weather finally changed today and we saw lovely sunshine and blue skies. Consequently we were much quieter at work which gave all of us a bit of a breather.

I was all set to go to the gym this evening but Sophie wanted to go home from work and get ready for the party she was going to, so I took her home and then got waylaid as the man coming to fix our oven hadn't arrived and Keith wanted me to wait with him in case he didn't turn up until late (i.e. I could stay at home to see him while he went to the pub!).  Keith managed to persuade me to go for a walk instead of the gym so I gave my car a quick wash and then luckily, the oven man turned up.

By the time he'd fiddled about with it and had a good chinwag with us, it was 5.30pm so Keith dashed into the shower and then Mikey and I walked down to the pub with him, before carrying on our walk over the fields. It was a beautiful evening and it felt good to be out in the sunshine rather than stuck in the confines of the gym. Mikey never stopped talking the whole way around, but it was great to spend some time with him, just the two of us, for a change!

My evening was spent taxiing Sophie and her friends to the party and I eventually got home at midnight. She decided to spend the night with one of her friends who lives in the village so I brought them home here to get their things and then dropped them back at the friend's house. Sophie's on/off boyfriend was also staying over so I had him and his friend revving up their motorbikes at our house before they all left - not the most ideal thing to happen in our quiet neighbourhood!


No comments: