Saturday 4 May 2013

Watching bats

Today I have mostly driven about, being an unofficial taxi driver.

Sophie and her friend Abi wanted to be picked up from work early as we were very quiet, due to the weather, although there were a few heavy showers about in the afternoon. I took them home and then they started getting ready for the party they were going to - 5 hours to get made up? Mikey also had an outing planned - into town with some friends to go shopping and see a film.

I left them to it and went to the gym for a 45 minute swim which was lovely. I certainly felt like I'd done something when I got out of the pool and went to relax in the spa! Back home, two more of Sophie's friends had arrived so I retreated into my bedroom to watch "Twister", which brought back happy memories of Universal!

At 7pm I took the four very excited and giggly girls into town to one of their friend's houses and dropped them off, saying the latest I would pick them up would be midnight...groan!

It was almost 8pm by the time I arrived back home to find Mikey still out and no word as to when he would be back. I called his mobile but it went straight to voicemail so naturally I started worrying! Keith told me to stop and within a few minutes he'd replied to my text to say he was on his way home.

After dinner, just as it was getting dark I went out into the garden with Monty and we watched the bats flying about. Well, I did...Monty just sat there and miaowed. It was a beautiful evening and very quiet, just what I needed after my busy day!

I received a text from Sophie saying that the girls wanted to be picked up at 11pm so off I went and my daughter had turned into a very giggly tipsy one indeed! Her friend James had also been to the party but he was on his motorbike so he went ahead to Charlotte's house where they were all going to sleep over...hmmm! My daughter is certainly growing up!

No comments: