Saturday 11 May 2013

May showers!

Today the weather has been very interesting with stormy skies, torrential downpours and a rainbow! I think we're having April showers in May!

Sophie was due in at work an hour earlier than normal, so Keith and I dropped her off and then went to Jones's where I bought a few bits for work and some essential stuff for home (Sophie gave me a list of her requirements).

Back home I had lunch and then went to the garden centre to buy some more compost and some plants for the baskets at the front of the house. I quite enjoyed myself wandering around and taking the time to look at things I wanted to look at for a change! I treated myself to two new books and some beer for Keith...it's amazing what you can buy in a garden centre these days!

To make up for my sloth yesterday I went to the gym and worked hard. I bought myself a heart rate monitor the other day and I'm finding it great for keeping my heart rate in the zone for optimum weight loss. This afternoon I went onto a treadmill next to a man jogging and was amazed to see that his heart rate was exactly the same as mine, even though he was jogging quite fast and I was walking! I was impressed! It then dawned on me that his treadmill was picking up the signal from my monitor as he wasn't touching the equipment at all! I did wonder what he thought but I'm just hoping he didn't notice!

I did all my weights plus the crosstrainer, treadmill and bike and then went down for a swim. The pool was busy with lots of children but I had the slow lane to myself which was a bonus...although it might have been the perfume I was wearing, you never know!

My session finished with a relaxing (and well deserved) spell in the spa and then it was time to pick Sophie up from work and head home for dinner and a wee drink!

No comments: