Thursday 30 May 2013

I am rejected!

After another busy day (but thankfully not as manic as yesterday!) Sophie and I went off to give blood. It was Sophie's first time and the staff made a real fuss of her!

I wasn't feeling 100% for some reason and told the nurse that I'd taken some Ibuprofen for a headache, so she advised me not to donate today which was a shame as we'd missed the last appointment in Easter as we were on holiday. However, it meant I could look after Sophie as she made her donation and hold her hand.


She was absolutely fine through the whole process and the staff really did give her a lot of attention. I was so proud of her! There were new chairs/beds which looked very posh and much better than the old style one which you have to clamber onto, in a very undignified manner! I took an appointment leaflet away with me and there's a session near to me on the 8 June so I will go to that one instead, otherwise I will have only given one pint this year!

No comments: