Saturday 18 May 2013

Life goes on...


Mum and Dad came around this afternoon to talk about plans for the week ahead and we decided that we'd all go down to Kent on Monday to sort out the funeral. There will be a lot to do in the coming weeks and I hope I'll be able to help Mum out and support her.

Sophie was at work as usual and when she'd finished at 4pm I brought her friend Abi home with us as well as she was staying overnight to watch Eurovision. Just after getting home I went for a walk over the fields to tackle two hills  in a bid to start getting fit for my walk up Ben Nevis in September. It was a cloudy, grey day and I was totally alone on the walk, I didn't even see anyone walking in the distance! It was lovely to be on my own, though, and I felt as if I'd had a good workout. Sometimes you don't need the gym!

Keith and I went off to the pub when I got back and ordered a Chinese takeway from the van in the village. We then had a very pleasant hour and a half chatting to an old friend in the pub and catching up with each others news. Just before we left a coach drew up outside with about 50 football supporters who'd been down to Wembly to see the Northampton Cobblers play Bradford (we lost 3-0). They were festooned with hats, scarves and silly hats so it was a good time to leave and pick up our takeaway!

Sophie was looking forward to watching the Eurovision but Keith and I decided that it was really was too much of a fix so we stayed away and let the youngsters watch it on their own. James came around as well and devoured a pizza before going home at 10.30pm - I don't blame him! We didn't come last this time but we were pretty close!




No comments: