Sunday 5 May 2013

Garden duties!

This morning, on the way to pick Sophie up from her friend's house, Keith and I popped in to see Mum and Dad to catch up, as they'd been away for the week in Norfolk. They gave us some yummy presents - beer for Keith, vodka for me and chocolates for the children...they can go away more often!

We had a good chat and then went to collect our daughter who looked very tired and a bit hungover...serves her right! We took her home and then Keith and I pottered about the garden, raking up most of the dead leaves from our gravelled area and cutting back some plants that looked in a sorry state. At 12pm we drove Mikey to Brixworth as he wanted to meet some of his friends - this is the problem with living in the country...the kids have to be driven everywhere as there are certainly no buses on a Sunday!

In the afternoon Mum and I went to the garden centre for afternoon tea and I bought a load of plants to add some colour. I chose violas, geraniums and a couple of plants that will flower and make the garden more attractive throughout the summer, and will hopefully attract bees!

Back home I spent almost two hours putting them all in and then went and relaxed with a film and a glass of something long and cold...tomorrow is another holiday and we're off to Wales for the day!

No comments: