Friday 10 May 2013

The gremlins run amok...

Today has been horrible - nothing really bad has happened, it's just been a series of niggling problems and I'm really glad it's over!

I knew it was going to be a bad day when I arrived at work and mum told me that she'd had to clear up a load of rubbish that had spilled out of one of the black bags. It looked like one of our staff had left the bag outside our big skip and our naughty crows had torn it open and then scattered the contents all over the car park...hmmm!

We then took delivery of one of our food orders that took ages to put away when all I wanted to do was ease into the day and drink several cups of coffee! At 10am we realised that Polly wasn't coming in and had gone to a funeral (as she had casually mentioned to us a few days ago) and that one of our weekend girls was covering her job...

I phoned Keith to ask him if he could come to Booker with me so that Mum could stay at work to make sure everything was running OK as the sky looked very threatening and rain was forecast...why couldn't it have been sunny and hot and then we would have been very quiet?!

Keith and I went off to the bank and Booker and when we arrived back at work it was very busy indeed! Dad had come in to help, even though he was supposed to have been having today off work, and I'm so glad he did as it just became busier and busier! The afternoon passed in a blur of serving customers, washing up and clearing tables and I didn't get away until 5.30pm, after having a short sharp argument with Sophie about my role as her chief taxi driver...I think it's about time she started taking driving lessons and then she can drive herself all over the place, like she expects me to do!

By the time we got to the gym it was almost 6pm so we gave up on a workout and just went down to the spa instead, but even that didn't help to soothe my grumpiness as it usually does, as someone had put the lights full on and it was full of noisy people! We beat a hasty retreat and went home, where I felt like just going to bed and putting an end to the day!

No comments: