Saturday 25 May 2013

Return of the Spring

Today has been beautiful, sunny and warmer, such a difference to yesterday! I potted up the plants I bought last Sunday and then pottered around the house doing odd jobs before leaving to pick Sophie up from work. On the way I called into Tesco to buy a DVD of Les Miserables to watch tonight, as there was nothing worth watching on TV and Keith was planning to see the Champions League Final...yawn!

There was just time for me to have a walk before Keith and I had a drink at the pub which was busy with people sitting in the garden and soaking up the evening sunshine. We'd only been at the bar for about ten minutes when a crowd of people descended from a vintage tractor ride! Within minutes the previously quiet lunge was full to capacity with people all clamouring for a drink!

After a very delicious dinner Sophie and I sat and watched Les Miserables and I did wonder what all the fuss was about, to be honest. I'm not a fan of musicals at all and the constant singing was certainly different - more like an opera, I suppose. Anyway, at least I can say I've seen it now, but it won't be making my Top Ten favourite films of all time!


No comments: