Saturday 18 May 2013

RIP Edith French 1919-2013

My Mum called this morning to say that my Nan had died. She was naturally very upset as she'd wanted to be with her when she passed away but I knew that it would have been almost impossible to be with her as we live so far away.

I just felt a sense of relief that her suffering is over and I believe she's in a better place. I'd like to think she's now reunited with my Grandad who died in 1987. My Nan was lucky to have a long and healthy life and I only hope I get to the age of 93 and have as few health problems as she had. She lived a good life and had lots of friends and family near by so I'm hoping her funeral will be a celebration of her life.

It means that now Mum and I will have to arrange the funeral with the help of my Mum's brother and then sort out her flat which will take some time and will involve lots of travelling up and down to Kent. It will seem very strange when it's all over and there will no longer be the need for us to go so often.





2 comments:

Anonymous said...

So sorry to hear the sad news about your Nan.

Janie said...

Thank you. She had a "good innings" bless her, and I can only hope I get to 93 like her as well!