Wednesday 15 May 2013

Teenagers!

Sophie told me today that her braces were causing her a lot of pain as the metal was rubbing against her gums and making them bleed. She asked whether I could make an appointment with the Orthodontist for today, which I thought was pretty impossible!

I promised I would call from work to make an appointment and she must have been in great discomfort as she called me again to plead with me to get it sorted out. I duly called the dentist and was told she could come in on the 5 June, as I had imagined, but when I explained the situation the Receptionist managed to fit Sophie in later this morning, which was great!

I called her at school where she was putting the finishing touches to her photography exam and said that I'd managed to get her an appointment this morning and that Keith would pick her up in half an hour. I couldn't believe it when she said there was no way she could attend as she had too much stuff to do at school! Could I make it for tomorrow?

Well, I was speechless and told her that she had no choice to go today and to get her butt in gear and finish what she was doing - no she couldn't go tomorrow! When Keith got back from taking her, which wasn't long, he said that two of her friends had gone in with her, to hold her hand!

I'm sure that teenage brains are wired in such a way that they can only think of themselves and no-one else! Sophie seems to be excelling at this at the moment - whatever planet she's on, I want to be there as well!

No comments: