Thursday 31 August 2023

A busy Thursday!

I was facing a busy day as, after work, I had to drive to Kettering to collect my Mum and take her to have her nails done. I had a busy shift and escaped at 2pm for the drive along the A43.

I'd asked Mum to meet me in reception but she was still lounging on the sofa when I arrived and I hustled her downstairs... We don't have a lot of time and meeting her in reception would have been a lot easier and quicker!

Mum's nails were in a right state, as I had failed to find anyone else to replace the gel polish. Some of the nails had fallen off and Natalia set to, and within an hour, they were looking beautiful again. I sat and read while she worked but I almost fell asleep! At least she was a bit chattier today, and her studio was lovely and clean! I made appointments for October, November and December, so at least we won't have the problem of tatty nails again!

When she was all done, we drove back along the A43 and I took her up to her room. My Dad was awake and we had a brief chat before I returned home, where it was bliss to relax and indulge in a G&T!

No comments: